Translate

Friday, August 21, 2015

Pocket and/or Tag


I was thinking about how to do a pocket/tag card or project for the Scrapy Land Challenge #24 - Pocket/Tag and thought about Halloween.  I came up with an idea of a pocket/tag treat bag idea for my grand daughters for Halloween.

I used a Stampin Up punch to make a 2" tag at 9" long.  I measured my Snicker Bar which had 1/2" sides and cut my paper at 5 1/2" wide and 9" long and scored at 1 1/2" and 3 1/2" and glued the back side on the back of the tag to create a pocket.  I cut out a 1 1/4" x 1 3/4" rectangle and scored 1/4" on each side of the 1 1/4" edges and glued on the bottom of the treat pocket so that the candy doesn't fall out.

I used the Cherry Lynn Design Spider Web doily and Cherry Lynn Design Happy Halloween sayings.  The cat and hat are from the Spellbinder Halloween die set.  I used a small amount of red, green and gold glitter paper on the hat and cat.  The black lace around the project is the Cherry Lynn Design Anastasia Border die.

I added the ribbon onto the top of the label to give it some color.

Now, I have a pocket/tag treat bag for my little Trick or Treat grand daughters. 

4 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

What a great idea to use the pocket/tag as a Halloween gift! I am sure your Grand daughters will love it! It looks awesome with the spider web and that kitty witch!!

Donna Ellis said...

Nancy, what an imaginative, fun and SWEET idea! Great project and your details around the base and within the focal image are SO VERY CUTE! Love that SB cat and hat. What a fantastic idea to use the poke-a-dot paper- wonderful in every way! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Anne Temple said...

This is too cute! Love everything about it, but especially the cat. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Patricia St Martin said...

Nancy this is so cute and how creative to add your treat to the pocket/tag. This would be great to make for the kids at school for something special and thanks for the measurements. Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land. Fabulous ideas and great inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog