Translate

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Pocket Tag Birthday Card







My sister-in-law is having a birthday this coming week and I wanted to make my real first pocket tag card.  She has the Southwest Native American decor and furniture throughout her home.  Therefore, I wanted a card that would match her decorative theme.  I came from the Southwest area and love the popular colors of corals and turquoise.  

I colored the Whimsy Stamp 'Wynat Beautiful' with Copic Markers.  I cut this picture using a circle die and glued it onto the Cherry Lynn Design 'French Pastry Doily' die.

Last week, a special friend was selling some of her retired Stampin Up supplies and I bought this beautiful Stampin Up ruffled coral ribbon and turquoise paper.  The lace ribbon and stamp are also from Stampin Up.

The boutique flowers are from Wild Orchid Craft flowers and I made a few roses using the Cherry Lynn Design Medium Rose die.  I glued the Cherry Lynn Mini Leaf Flourish behind the floral arrangement.

The printed paper and card board tag are from Graphic 45 'Baby and Bride Classic Collection'.  The embellishment under the lace ribbon is actually a turquoise earring.  My friend and I were at a garage sale yesterday and we found a sack full of earrings.  This turquoise earring didn't come in a pair and thought this would be a nice touch to this card since it represents the Southwest.

The top of the tag is 'Anja's Vintage Decoration' by Marianne Design.  Also, I added the dragon fly that comes in the set of Cherry Lynn Design 'Tiny Things with Wings'.

I am entering this challenge in the
Scrapy Land Challenge #24   - Pockets/Tags card
Cherry Lynn Challenge #199 - Anything Goes
Dies R Us Challenge #31 - Great Outdoors
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #146 - Birthdays
7 Kids College Fund Challenge #132 - Anything Goes

9 comments:

shulsart said...

Lovely card, Nancy, I am certain your sister-in-law will love it. I too like that color combination. You did a fabulous job on your first pocket card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Darlene said...

Very cute creation Nancy! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘THE GREAT OUTDOORS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lori Kobular said...

I love turquoise and coral together, they compliment each other so well. Your tag with its matching pocket are precious! I am sure your sister-in-law will love and cherish this beauty!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #24!

Lisa said...

Beautiful colors! I love all the tiny details! Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs

Rachel Parys said...

Absolutely adorable! Love this card! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Jenny Alia said...

Love the beautiful lacey feel of this card. Gorgeous colors too! Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn's Anything Goes Challenge this week!

Donna Ellis said...

So sweet, and a darling card, Nancy! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous birthday card. No one would have guessed this was the first time you've made on of these. Thanks for sharing another great project with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors!! The details you added are just perfect!! Awesome design and image, too!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts