Translate

Monday, January 30, 2017

Happy Easter and Scrolly Bunny

Hi, I am Nancy, Design Team for Tutti Designs.  I am amazed of all of the beautiful dies from Tutti Designs and excited to share with you one of the Easter dies in the Tutti Designs' January release called Scrolly Bunny.   




Supplies:
Tutti Designs Scrolly Bunny
Egg template
Patterned Paper
1/2" wide lace
1/8" wide ribbon
Ghostline Poster Board
Flowers
Leaves
Elastic ribbon
1/8" and 1/2" Scor-Tape




INSTRUCTIONS:  
I found this template on the web and used a photo editing software to enlarge it to 5" to 6 1/2".  I copied the template on computer paper and cut it out.  I traced the template twice on the back of the pattern paper and cut the two egg-shaped die cuts out.  



Since I make larger cards, I like using the Ghostline Poster Board.  Since it is a heavy weight paper, it does not warp and I find it best for making larger cards. 

On the Ghostline poster board paper, the lines show only on one side of the poster board.  I used the Ghostline side for the front and back of my card since it will be entirely covered when the card is completed.  Since the inside card of the poster board doesn't show the lines, it is perfect for using as the inside of my card for stamping the sentiment and signing the card.  


I traced the template and overlapped it in the center to fold the card.  Cut this out and score down the center and fold.  

First:  I glued the one pattern paper on the back and cut the remaining pattern paper that over laps to part of the front of the card.  

Second:  I used  1/8" wide Scor-Tape to tape the elastic ribbon on the back of the egg-shape pattern paper and glue this on the poster board that will be the front of the card (see below).    

Back and Front of card

Front of Card

I cut a 2 1/2" x 5" white shimmer card stock and used my template to cut around the ends of this white card stock to fit on the egg. I embossed the bottom of the white strip with a embossing folder and stamped the "Happy Easter" and glued it on the card.

I used 1/8" wide Scor-Tape across the top and bottom of the white strip and taped the lace and ribbon across the egg.  I used 1/2" Scor-Tape to tape my bow before adding the flowers and leaves.   I glued the Tutti Designs Scrolly bunny on the card.  

Last:  I used NUVO Crystal Drops - Ivory Seashell for the embossed flowers and top of the sentiment.  Now, this card is ready to be sent around Easter Time.  

Click HERE to see the Tutti Designs dies or new dies in the January Release folder.
Reminder to visit the Tutti Designs Blog to see what our other designers have created for you.  Explore more ways of using this die as well as other Tutti Designs dies, visit our Tutti Designs designers on the Tutti Designs Pinterest or Tutti Designs Facebook .

Have a fabulous crafting day!

Nancy Hill, Design Team 




No comments: