Translate

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Valentine's Box with Foamiran Flowers

Welcome and I would love to share with you my latest love and that is making foamiran flowers.   Foamiran is special kind of foam dedicated to flower making.  I make a lot of foam flowers and it's much quicker with dies. 



To make these flowers, you will need  foam, iron, flower centers or anything you wish to stick in the middle, scissors and hot glue.  These are the basic. I use a lot of white foam as it's very easy to color it .  I use a ball tool to help with shaping my flowers on a foam mat.  


Previously, I created a tutorial on how to make the main frame for the easel card with a drawer.  To view my tutorial,  please click HERE 

My foamiran ( foam ) flowers  are crafted with Heartfelt Creations flower die sets and colored with Pan Pastels.  I would encourage you to check out a variety of tutorials by Heartfelt Creations and a few other companies that have posted their ways to make foamiran flowers out of their supplies.  In the near future, I will post how I made these foamiran flowers. 
Supplies:
Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose die setHeartfelt Creations Sunrise Lily die Set, Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms die set, Heartfelt Creations Botanic Orchid PaperHeartfelt Creations Classic Wedding Paper, Heartfelt Creations Decorative Medallion die, Heartfelt Creations Classic Wedding Wishes Stamps, Susan's Garden Flower Pan Pastels, Hot Glue, Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam, Resin Angel, String Pearls and Miniature Pearl Hearts, Bazzill Pink, Green and White PaperMay Arts 1.5 Wide White Ribbon,  Rhinestone Heart, Aleene Tacky Fast Grab Spray Adhesive glue.


The box measures 6" x 6 1/4".  I won't go into detail on the steps to make the easel and box since it is in my Easel Box With Drawer tutorial.  

You will need the measurements of the paper to make this exact project.   Starting on top in the first layer, white cardstock 6 1/4" x 6 1/4",pink cardstock 6" x 6", green cardstock 5 3/4" x 5 3/4", Heartfelt Creations Botanical Orchid pattern paper 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".  After adhering these layers, use hot glue to adhere the foamiran flowers and resin angel.  

Inside of card:  Pink cardstock 6 1/4" x 6 1/4".  In the Heartfelt Creations Classic Wedding paper, I cut out the pinkish orange frame around this label in this paper pad and stamped the sentiment with orchid color ink. I applied 3D foam on the top of this label and glue on the bottom of the label before sticking it to the pink cardstock.  I cut one Heartfelt Creations Decorative Medallion die and then cut it in half.  I used spray adhesive on the back on each half and adhered it as shown below.  
I made my bow and used hot glue to adhere the heart and bow to the front of the drawer. 



So I hope I have inspired you  and maybe foamiran flowers are something you would like to try with the Heartfelt Creations flower dies.  You can purchase these dies and most of the supplies from The Rubber Buggy on-line store.

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!

Nancy Hill
The Rubber Buggy Design Team



No comments: